Same-Day Dental Restorations – Millersville, MD
State-of-the-Art Glidewell Fastmill.io Technology
If you’ve ever needed a dental crown, bridge, or other restoration, you know that the treatment process typically takes two to three trips to our dental office. At McCarl Dental Group, we’re committed to improving the comfort and convenience of every dentistry service. That’s why we now offer same-day dental restorations in our Millersville, MD dental office, using the innovative Glidewell Fastmill.io system. Ready to experience the most exceptional dental care Millersville has to offer? Reach out to the McCarl Dental Group team today to schedule an appointment.
What are Same-Day Dental Restorations?
Traditional dental restorations like porcelain crowns and bridges needed to be designed, crafted, and placed over the course of at least two trips to our dental office. These restorations were crafted by the skilled dental lab technicians who we trust to provide beautiful and precisely engineered dental crowns, bridges, and other restorations. The exceptional results possible with a lab crafted restoration take time. If you want to repair a damaged tooth more quickly, we may be able to deliver a custom dental restoration in just one visit thanks to the Glidewell Fastmill.io system.
How Does Glidewell Fastmill.io Same-Day Dentistry Work?
The same-day dental restoration treatment process is similar to the traditional restoration process, but every step is completed during one appointment. We begin by examining your teeth to determine the best treatment option. Then, we prepare teeth and capture x-rays and digital bite impressions that are sent instantly to the chairside Glidewell Fastmill.io unit. We use the design software attached to the system to create your perfect dental restorations. Next, the precise design is sent to a milling unit right here in our dental office where dental grade porcelain is milled into your flawless restoration. Finally, we cement the dental restoration in place, and you go home with a beautifully restored smile.
What is the Glidewell Fastmill.io System Used For?
We make the most of our innovative Glidewell Fastmill.io technology, using this system to complete a number of daily tasks to improve the dentistry experience for our dental patients, including:
- Capturing impressions of teeth in order to design traditional and same-day dental restorations.
- Capturing impressions of the whole bite that can be used to craft customized sleep apnea appliances, nightguards for bruxism, sportsguards, and orthodontic aligners and retainers.
- Designing and planning dental treatment options using chairside computers, so you can follow along and be involved in every step of the process.
- Milling dental restorations right here in the dental office for your convenience to deliver exceptional smile repair in just one visit.
Are Same-Day Dental Restorations High Quality?
The McCarl Dental Group team is always committed to providing the highest quality dentistry solutions using the best quality materials and dental techniques. While the Glidewell Fastmill.io system allows us to do more restoration right here in the dental office, it does have its limitations. We will always rely on the trusted specialists in dental labs for those treatment plans that require the highest level of cosmetic specificity.
What are the Benefits of Glidewell Fastmill.io Dental Restorations?
There are numerous advantages to dental restoration using the Glidewell Fastmill.io system, and we’d love the opportunity to tell you about all of them. Some of the many benefits include:
- Complete treatment in just one trip to the dental office for saved time
- Repair smiles during dental emergencies quickly and conveniently
- Keep the as much healthy tooth structure in place as possible
- Avoid the use of uncomfortable, traditional bite impressions
- Achieve precise results through our in-office dental restoration milling unit
Am I a Good Candidate for One-Visit Dentistry?
Anyone who wants to quickly repair a damaged smile may be a good candidate for same-day restorations, using the Glidewell Fastmill.io system. However, if you’re looking for a more cosmetic treatment option, dental lab crafted restorations might be a better option. We can help you decide during a dentistry consultation in our Millersville dental office.