Single Tooth Dental Implants – Millersville, MD
Replacing Individual Teeth for Healthy, Beautiful Smiles
Losing just one tooth may not feel like it’s a big deal. In fact, many people who lose a single tooth make the decision not to replace it, but unfortunately, even one missing tooth can cause extensive damage to your oral health. When a tooth is missing, surrounding teeth shift to fill the space left behind. Over time, this can lead to misaligned smiles, uneven wear that increases risk for chips and cracks in teeth, and it can lead to a greater risk for further tooth loss. To avoid complications like these, call the McCarl Dental Group to schedule a tooth replacement consultation today. We’ll walk you through all of your restoration options, including single tooth dental implants in Millersville, MD, to help you find the best option.
Why Choose McCarl Dental Group for Single Tooth Dental Implants?
- Start to finish treatment in one location
- A team of knowledgeable experts to exceed expectations
- State-of-the-art technology ensures safety and comfort
Single Tooth Replacement Options
For those who have lost one tooth, we will recommend either implant supported dental crowns or traditional fixed bridges as described in more detail below.
For decades, dentists have relied on fixed bridges to replace individual missing teeth. These tooth replacement prosthetics are composed of replacement teeth, called pontics, attached on both sides to dental crowns. The crowns are anchored to healthy teeth on either side of the lost tooth, providing necessary support for the replacement tooth. The fact that these prosthetics bridge a gap between teeth is how they received the name “fixed bridges.”
Implant Supported Dental Crowns
Because a fixed bridge places pressure that could damage healthy tooth structure in order to provide support for the replacement tooth, many dentists now recommend implant supported dental crowns to replace individual teeth. This tooth replacement option closely mimics the natural structures of teeth. An implant post replaces the lost root structure of the tooth, and the custom dental crown replaces the parts of teeth that are visible above the gum line.
Benefits of Dental Implant Supported Single Tooth Replacement
No dental treatment is right for every patient, but when it comes to tooth replacement options, dental implants offer a long lasting, natural looking solution and deliver flawless smiles. Some of the many benefits that make single tooth dental implants an ideal tooth replacement solution for many patients include the following:
- Closest to nature – the implant supported dental crown will look, feel, and function just like the lost tooth, leaving you with the confidence to speak clearly, smile brightly, and eat all of your favorite foods.
- Lasting results – Although some fixed bridges last decades, some need to be replaced in seven to ten years. Implant supported dental crowns have a 90% or greater success rate after 20 years, and many people are able to keep their restoration for a lifetime.
- Easy care – you can brush and floss your implant supported dental crown just as you would your healthy, natural smile. No need to change your oral hygiene routine or diet to accommodate your new tooth.