When opting for dental implants in Millersville, MD, it’s important you find a skilled dentist who can ensure the success of your new teeth. At McCarl Dental Group at Shipley’s Choice, their team can readily accomplish this by using guided dental implant surgery, which allows for an easier and more comfortable process. Read on to discover how it works and why it is becoming increasingly popular among dentists who provide dental implant placement.
How Guided Dental Implant Surgery Works
When dental implants are the chosen method of tooth replacement, dentists have two options when it comes to placement: freehand or guided dental implant surgery. Both are beneficial and lend great results, but at McCarl Dental Group at Shipley’s Choice, the decision to opt for the latter allows for a more streamlined way to insert implant posts into a patient’s jawbone.
The process of creating and using a guide is as follows:
- The dentist will use advanced dental technology to scan a person’s smile. Typically, this involves a CT Cone Beam Scanner that rotates a full 360 degrees to capture hundreds of images that form to create a three-dimension model of the oral and facial structures (i.e., teeth, gums, bone, tissues, etc.).
- Once reviewing the images, the dentist determines if the individual is a candidate for treatment.
- If dental implants are a viable option, the team will use 3D Diagnostics (DX) to create a physical guide that is customized according to the patient’s mouth. It is then placed over their arch during the implant surgery, pinpointing the exact location for each post.
By using a customized guide in this process, the dentist can ensure each implant reaches its desired depth while also avoiding any additional oral and facial structures in the process.
Why is Guided Dental Implant Surgery Preferred?
Placing dental implants by freehand offers a high success rate just like guided dental implant surgery; however, there are additional benefits that come with choosing this more simplified method, such as:
- Less time spent in the dentist’s chair undergoing treatment
- Quicker recovery times, which is a welcomed reality for most patients
- A minimally-invasive procedure that requires no incisions
- Measurements are taken during the planning stages of treatment
- Minimal risk of bleeding, swelling, and infection
- Optimal precision and accuracy when placing each implant and positioning it
Regular dental implant placement can be far more invasive. However, with guided dental implant surgery, you can prepare for a less stressful, more efficient form of treatment that leaves you with beautiful results that can last a lifetime.
About the McCarl Dental Group at Shipley’s Choice
Are you looking for a qualified dental group to take care of your oral healthcare needs? At McCarl Dental Group at Shipley’s Choice, we have three expert dental professionals who have years of experience and are committed to learning more about the field through continuing education. Offering comprehensive services designed to improve smiles and ensure optimal oral health, patients can trust us to repair, rebuild, and restore smiles of all types and ages. If you’re looking for a “dentist near me,” call our dental office today.